- It is strongly preferred that all code on the BCC Website utilize open source software such as PHP and MySQL.
- Copying the look and feel of other applets/reports currently on the BCC website is strongly recommended. For example, the yet to be written/implemented Commuter Challenge page should look very similar to the Mileage statistics standings page in the applet View All Members Mileage:: Member Mileage & Statistics
- Programmers are encouraged to utilize code already written for and utilized by the BCC website.
BCC Highest Priority Tasks
The Commuter Challenge Webpage
- Create an applet so that Bonneville Bicycle Club members can log onto the BCC website and enter their Commuter Challenge mileage.
- They would have a password protected logon with a password that only they would know.
- Ideally BCC members should have the ability to signup without admin approval by virtue of being an “active” member however the membership database currently does not have such a designation. Some sort of Commuter Challenge account signup needs to be implemented where the BCC member toggles a signup applet, enters their name and email address which is then sent to the email@example.com email address where they they are verified manually thru the membership database as an active member and then a password and logon ID is emailed to the BCC member if they are active, otherwise a notice is emailed that states the Commuter Challenge is for active club members only and a link is provided to the online membership registration page.
- The BCC administrators should have the ability to reset passwords.
- BCC would have admin capability to lock out any one individual accounts.
- Commuter Challenge members would enter their mileage by date of ride(s), number of commutes that day, and amount of miles they rode
- If a member wasn’t current in the membership database, ie active (dues paid up to date), then they would automatically be denied the ability to update their commuter miles.
- The webmaster or admin would have the ability to set the time frame for when mileage could be entered. For example set it so that rider could enter their commuter mileage any number of days after the ride that the admin sets whether it is 7 days, 14 days, 21 days or 100 days.
- There should be an applet on the Commuter Challenge webpage that when toggled would generate a report of the Commuter Challenge Standings sorted by mileage, highest to lowest, rider name in the left hand column, number of commutes in the middle column, and rider mileage totals in the right hand column. The ability to sort a each column should be built in thereby allowing sorts on last name, number of commutes, and mileage with mileage being the default sort. This report would appear in the exact fashion as it does for BCC Member Mileage statistics on the Members Mileage page in the applet View All Members Mileage: Member Mileage & Statistics
- Example: Commuter Standings
- Each name in the Commuter Challenge Standings page would be a link to that persons Commuter Challenge Ride Detail, a page that would list all of that person’s self entered commutes. The columns from left to right would be the Date, Description, Commutes, Mileage.
- Example: Commuter Challenge Rider Detail
- Each date in the individual Rider’s Detail page would be a link to a list of all the riders for that date, called the Date Detail. All
commuters for that date would be listed.
- Example: Commuter Challenge Date Detail
- Finally there would be a report page that would list the dates in chronological order with a total of all the commutes for that day and a
total of all the commuter mileage for that day. This report would be generated with a toggle on the BCC Commuter Challenge webpage in the fashion that reports are generated on the BCC Member Mileage page. Member Mileage & Statistics
- Example: Commuter Challenge Daily Totals
BCC High Priority Tasks
Membership Database and the Recording of Rider Mileage
The BCC membership database is 1,500 members long. However that includes members that are no longer active whether they have been
inactive for 1 year or 10 years.
We need to add a parameter that defines only active members so that the database records can be utilized with all members, active and inactive, but more importantly so that the subset of active members can be worked with exclusive of the inactive members. There are
approximately 325 active members of the club. An active member is solely defined as a member who is current in their club dues. Please
Note: Anyone can participate in clubs rides whether they are an active member, an inactive member, or a member of the general public.
We desire the ability to input rider mileage into the mileage database working with the active members records only. Currently mileage is entered thru the webpage: http://www.bbtc.net/_private/milentry.php/
screenshot of 1st mileage entry page: http://www.bbtc.net/_private/milentry.php
screenshot for entering riders and mileage for a ride denoted by the ride index number http://www.bbtc.net/_private/milesadd.php:
- re code so that mileage entry works only with active members
- change the text of the right hand column from RAIN OUT column to % completed (decimal)
- add code to display error message if statistician doesn’t check off (select) a ride leader
- add code to have multiple ride leaders if it doesn’t exist already
- add code to display heading at the top of the page that display the Ride Name, Ride Index number, Ride Mileage, Ride Leader, and the Ride Location
Also some sort of functionality should be built in so that the statistician can quickly ascertain which rides have been recorded for mileage. Perhaps rewriting the code completely for the statistician mileage entry is in order. Once the statistician logs in she/he would see a list id rides with the most recent un-recorded rides listed first. This should also be reflected in the “BBTC Ride Calendar Month at a Glance”. For example in the month at a glance the text color of the ride could be change from green to black when the rider mileage has been recorded by the statistician. This should happened automatically once rider mileage is entered for the ride.
When rider mileage has been entered by the statistician for a particular ride the time of the ride could be in a different color on the Month at a Glance calendar page or the ride accented in some other way so that the statistician and riders/club members know their mileage has been entered for that particular ride.
Changing the heading from “BBTC Ride Calendar Month at a Glance” to “BCC Ride Calendar Month at a Glance” is also something that needs to be implemented
Metric Series & the Calendar
The BCC has several ride series that we put on each riding season. The series have their own unique theme. For the 2010 riding season we
will again have the Super Series and the Social Series. New for 2010 will be the Metric Series a group of rides that are approximately 100
kilometers (~62 miles). When a ride is scheduled into the into Ride Calendar database by admins, in this case the road captain, he can
designate it as either a Social Series ride or a Super Series ride. IF he has also “approved these rides” then a script will automatically add
the ride to a list under the respective heading for the ride in the FlyOut Menus. So from the BCC home page select:
Ride Information –> Super Series or Ride Information –> Social Series
and if the ride has been designated either one of those types of rides and also been designated as approved then it will automatically appear in a list on the page under those flyout menus. We wish to add the same capability for the Metric Series designation. The Metric Series should appear in the FlyOut Menu after the Super Series but before the Social Series. Can the same script or code that is used for the Super Series be used for the Metric Series with the necessary changes made so that it behaved and functioned just like the Super and Social Series?